BBQ Bacon Chestnuts
Since we’re talking about hospitality this month, or more specifically, how I want to be a better hostess, I thought an easy appetizer recipe would go over well! This appetizer recipe for BBQ Bacon Chestnuts is delicious and easy on the budget! Win win!
So, if you are in need of a quick appetizer, these BBQ Bacon Chestnuts are the perfect solution. Using just three ingredients, this is one easy to make and even easier to enjoy recipe your guests will love. Take a peek below at how to make up an easy and inexpensive batch of your own so the next time the need hits, you will be ready!
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 can of water chestnuts
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce
- Begin by cutting the bacon into two inch sections. Set aside.
- Place your water chestnuts in a strainer and drain any water.
- On a plate, lay a piece of bacon flat. Place one water chestnut in the bacon, right in the center. Fold over one side of the bacon, then the second side. Place a toothpick directly into the center of the wrapped chestnut. This should hold the bacon tightly to the chestnut.
- Repeat the process until all of your chestnuts are wrapped. Transfer the wrapped chestnuts into the baking dish.
- Use a pastry brush or spoon to apply BBQ sauce to the wrapped chestnuts. Cover each bundle generously.
- Place the baking dish into the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. When the bacon is brown and crispy, you may remove. Don’t be alarmed if your toothpicks start turning dark brown or black in the oven, this is normal.
Allow some time for the BBQ Bacon Chestnuts to cool before serving. You can serve with an additional side of BBQ sauce if you desire.
You have quite a few options when purchasing the ingredients, so buy according to what works for you and your tastes. For example, it doesn’t matter what kind of bacon. I usually get whatever is cheapest. It also doesn’t matter what variety of BBQ sauce you buy, so generic or your personal preference works fine. (We like Diana’s.)
These BBQ Bacon Chestnuts are so tasty and the perfect party food. Whip up a batch to take to your next party or gathering and be the star of the show!