Lorraine has once again sent along one of her delicious gluten-free recipes! This time it’s for a gluten-free basic muffin mix! While I, myself, haven’t tried this recipe, it appears as though it’s quite flexible in regards to the ingredients you can add.
Here is the Gluten-Free Basic Muffin Mix recipe exactly the way Lorraine enjoys it:
- 8 cups of flour I use 1 cup of quinoa, 1 cup buckwheat, 2 cups amaranth flour, 1 cup of chick pea flour, 1 cup coconut flour and 2 cups of arrowroot flour
- 13 tsp of gluten free baking powder
- 10 tsp of cinnamon I love cinnamon, so you could reduce the amount to taste
- 5 cups of liquid I use vanilla rice beverage or almond beverage
- 1 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- Optional: Carob chips shredded vegetables (carrots, zucchini, sweet potato), orange or lemon peel, unsweetened shredded coconut, nuts or seeds.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients together.
Bake in unbleached, chlorine free large baking cups for 20 – 25 minutes.
Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the batter. If the toothpick is dry when you withdraw it from the muffin mix, the muffins are done.
Let stand until cooled off and store either in freezer containers or storage bags.