Lorraine has once again sent along one of her delicious gluten-free recipes! This time it’s for a gluten-free basic muffin mix! While I, myself, haven’t tried this recipe, it appears as though it’s quite flexible in regards to the ingredients you can add.
Here is the Gluten-Free Basic Muffin Mix recipe exactly the way Lorraine enjoys it:
- 8 cups of flour I use 1 cup of quinoa, 1 cup buckwheat, 2 cups amaranth flour, 1 cup of chick pea flour, 1 cup coconut flour and 2 cups of arrowroot flour
- 13 tsp of gluten free baking powder
- 10 tsp of cinnamon I love cinnamon, so you could reduce the amount to taste
- 5 cups of liquid I use vanilla rice beverage or almond beverage
- 1 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- Optional: Carob chips shredded vegetables (carrots, zucchini, sweet potato), orange or lemon peel, unsweetened shredded coconut, nuts or seeds.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bake in unbleached, chlorine free large baking cups for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the batter. If the toothpick is dry when you withdraw it from the muffin mix, the muffins are done.
- Let stand until cooled off and store either in freezer containers or storage bags.