Oatmeal, a classic breakfast staple. One that I used to detest as a child, but quite enjoy now!
Inspired by Sally’s oatmeal that I’ve found at Walmart and Real Canadian Superstore, I’ve recreated my own version of the Maple and Brown Sugar flavour!
- 4 cups oats old fashioned
- 1/2 cup dried fruit I like cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts almonds are my fav
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roast nuts for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients including the toasted nuts.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 1 month.
- Scoop out 1/3 cup of the oatmeal mixture and place in a bowl with ½ cup water. Microwave for 90 seconds - 2 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.