Welcome to March Mixes! Where you’ll find all sorts of recipes for DIY mixes all month long.
Since the weekend begins tomorrow, I thought it would be nice if I shared a recipe for pancake mix, since I personally, think pancakes make for a delicious weekend breakfast! So go ahead and make up the recipe below, cook a batch, then save the rest of the mix for another day!
- 4 cups flour can substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon optional
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place and store in an air-tight container to use within 3 months.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of dry pancake mix, 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon oil or melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Heat pan over medium heat and lightly grease with butter. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter in the pan. Once the batter has began to bubble significantly, carefully flip the pancake. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the second side is golden brown.
- Note: Will make approximately 8 pancakes.