- Monday: Slow cooker Sesame Chicken, rice, broccoli and carrots Cost: Approximately $4.00 this week as I have all spices, sugar, sauces, rice and carrots on hand.
- Tuesday: Simply Lasagna (I’m using cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese) Cost: approximately $5.50 as I only had to buy the mozzarella and cottage cheese.
- Wednesday: Veggie Chicken Pitas
- Thursday: leftover lasagna Cost: free! I don’t count leftovers.
- Friday: Slow cooker BBQ pork chops, mashed potatoes, broccoli, carrots Cost: approximately $4.25 I bought the pork chops, potatoes and broccoli
BBQ Pork chops
Enough pork chops to feed your family (you can also use ribs) Your favourite BBQ sauce (we like Bullseye) Onion, cut into rings
Place onion rings on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place pork on top of the onions. Pour enough BBQ sauce over top the pork to coat every piece. Cover. Cook on low for about 5-6 hours. (My slow cooker cooks hot so I only cook mine for about 4 hours)
To see what others have on their menus for the week, go to I’m an Organizing Junkie!
Tomorrow I’ll be posting about how I plan our menus!