It’s finally finished! And I’m anxious to show you the room we created for our baby. Keep in mind that I like simple and minimal so it may be boring to some of you! I had a lot of fun doing this because I have a bit of an interior decorating background and hadn’t really done any designing for a long time! Decorating to me these days, is about creating a comfortable room that is done on the cheap. That means I DIY’d and repurposed quite a few items to create our baby room on a budget! Oh, and since we didn’t know the gender of our little one, I tried to make it as neutral as possible.
At the end of the post I’ll have a source list with our approximate costs and links to my crafty projects 🙂
The curtain fabric that inspired the colours in the room:
I’m quite pleased with how it turned out. 🙂 We obviously decided to forgo a rocking chair due to space restrictions since we have the single bed in there. We traded our double bed for a single bed my parents had since they couldn’t store all the beds! I was going to buy one of those thick changing pads to put on top of the dresser, but decided that the bed could work just as well.
I hope you enjoyed the tour!
Here’s the source list and approximate prices:
- Crib & Mattress: IKEA $290
- Crib Sheet (3-in-1): No longer available
- Wall colour: Martha Stewart Fossil from Home Depot $29
- Curtain fabric: Fabricland $30 for 5m
- Crib skirt: Fabricland $0 (I found it in my stash)
- Bedding for single bed: Zellers $20
- Dresser: an antique from my Grandma $0
- White lamp: Walmart $10
- “Be Happy” wall clothes hanger $0
- ABC wall art: Etsy $32 (my “splurge”)
- DIY Hot Air Balloon mobile: $5
- DIY Canvas Art projects: $5
Total approximate cost: $450