Ron sent me his recipe for Baked Wings and I thought they sounded yummy and simple so he said I could share the recipe with you! He had meant to send the recipe before the Superbowl, but I’m sure they’re good any time!
- 2 cups white Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Montreal Chicken Spice
- 2 full shakes of Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 3 Kilos of Chicken wings tips removed if frozen defrost over night in fridge or put bag in sink and cover with cold water, changing water every half hour should be approximately 100-150 wings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Put all dry ingredients into a large bowl (preferably the bowl will have a lid) using a fork or metal whisk stir all ingredients until well mixed
- Put approximately 20 to 40 wings at a time in the bowl and cover with lid (make sure lid is tight so as not to wear mixture) shake to get flour coating on all wings. As you take out each wing, shake off excess flour.
- Using tongs, place on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until all wings are coated and placed on trays (3 Kilos will cover approximately 2 large trays)
- Cooking time 45 minutes to 1 hour. Flip wings over when tops are golden.
- Using a steel bowl, take your favourite BBQ sauce and put in a bowl, lightly covering some of the wings and toss ( or wash your bowl above and cover with lid and shake to get sauce on all wings).
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Serves approximately 4-6 people with about 25 wings each.
You may be interested in visiting Ron’s photography site!