I’m popping in today with a super cute and simple DIY project! Apple Felt Coasters! Protect your surfaces from water stains with these cute, but practical coasters. You could have so much fun creating different designs. I’m thinking lemons, watermelon slices, donuts, leaves and even foot prints would be fun to make.
Here’s how to make Apple Felt Coasters
- Red, white, green, and brown craft felt
- Hot glue
- Glue gun
1. Begin by cutting out the base of your apple. It is easiest to cut out a red circle, and then use your scissors to make gentle curves to give it an apple shape. Set aside.
2. Cut out a white piece of felt that is similar in shape to the red piece you just cut, but make it smaller in size. You want it to fit inside of the red felt piece while still showing red on the edges.
3. Cut out 4 small ovals from the brown felt. These will be your seeds. You can also snip out a small brown strip to use for an apple stem.
4. Finish by cutting out an oval from the green felt to use as a leaf.
5. You can now assemble the apple using your felt cuttings and hot glue. Layer the pieces on top of each other as shown. Your apple will quickly take shape.
6. Once the glue is dry, you can use the felt apple as a drink coaster. It’s soft on surfaces and absorbent so you don’t have to worry about liquids leaking through.