This Peppermint Brownie Jar is the perfect Homemade Christmas Gift idea for party hosts or those that love consumable gifts.
Peppermint Brownie Jar. Those three words bring joy to my ears. 🙂
There’s no chocolate that I love more than After Eight wafers around Christmas time. And well, a brownie will do just about any time of the year. So, in my eyes, there’s nothing quite like this homemade Christmas gift idea: peppermint brownie jar! It makes the most wonderful hostess gift or it’s perfect for that person on your list that likes consumable (no clutter) gifts.
Here is how to create the Peppermint Brownie jar:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ package of mint flavoured chocolate chips
- 6 crushed up candy canes
- 1 32 oz. wide mouth mason jar with lid
- Combine all the dry brownies ingredients: sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Mix well and our into the wide mouth mason jar.
- Tap the jar on the counter a few times for the mix to settle and then pour the chocolate chips and candy cane pieces on top.
- Close the jar decorate with ribbon or twine if you wish.
- Pour the contents of the jar into a large bowl. Add 2 eggs and ½ a cup of vegetable oil.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and pour the batter in.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.