I have got the cutest holiday project for you today! It’s so simple too! I think they’d make a good project to do with kids. Maybe as a craft at a holiday party? Or maybe wrap them up to add a cute touch to a hot chocolate gift? Regardless of what you do with them, they’re awesome because they involve chocolate and peppermint! 🙂
Here’s how to make simple Candy Cane Reindeer:
- 24 small Candy Canes
- 12 Hershey Kisses
- 12 Red Candy Decorations (like Red Hots or M&M’s)
- 24 Candy Eyes
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Candy Melting Chips
- 1 White Candy Melting Chip
- Line a cutting board or cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Heat chocolate candy chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Take 2 candy canes and dip the bottoms (straight parts) in chocolate and shake off excess.
- Place together on wax paper so hooks of each go off in opposite directions.
- Place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss on the chocolate covered canes.
- Repeat for remaining canes.
- Using a toothpick, take a dab or melted chocolate and glue the red candy on top of the kiss as the nose.
- Using a toothpick, take a dab or melted chocolate and glue on the eyes.
- Take the white chocolate chip and place on wax paper and heat in microwave for 15 seconds.
- Take another toothpick and paint a white mouth on each reindeer.
Aren’t they cute? Are you going to give these Candy Cane Reindeer a try?
Related holiday recipes: