Who couldn’t use an extra $100 every month? Whether or not you’re putting that money aside into savings or using it to pay a phone bill, it still equals $1200 at the end of the year! Now I don’t think that number is something to take lightly!
I thought I would compile a list of simple and useful ways anyone can save an extra $100 a month. After all, a little here and a little there can really add up! I challenge you to use as many of the ways I have listed and see what you can come up with at the end of the month!
- Pack a lunch each day you’re at work.
- Never pay full price for anything.
- Brew your own coffee at home. Dress it up with some homemade coffee cream.
- Use coupons for the things you need. Matching them with sale prices will get you the most savings
- Menu Plan, menu plan, menu plan! Not only time saving in the long run, but will save you big bucks if you’re only buying what you need for the week.
- Go grocery shopping with a list, always.
- Use your local library.
- Rent or borrow movies.
- Purchase clothing from a thrift store or garage sale.
- Pay off your credit card each month. It’s the interest that will kill you!
- Try to do your errands all at the same time. This will cut down on your gas expenses!
- Use cash for the majority of your purchases. Spending is harder to do if you’re actually seeing cold hard cash leave your hands.
- Eat a meatless meal at least once a week
- Don’t pay a professional unless you have to. Need an oil change? Learn to do it yourself.
- Cook at home. Learn to make your favourite restaurant meals at home.
- Eat your groceries. You’re not saving money if you have to throw out your rotten produce at the end of the week.
- Walk whenever you can. Is work within walking distance? Stretch your legs.
- Entertain at home.
- Line dry your clothes whenever possible. And wash in cold water.
So, what are some ways that you save $100 a month?