Here is yet another tasty recipe from Lorraine! This time it’s an apple crisp recipe especially for those of you with gluten sensitivities.
The original recipe was taken from a cookbook titled: “Food à la canadienne”. Lorraine made the necessary changes to adapt it to their gluten free needs. This Gluten-free apple crisp is sure to please!
- 6 cups of chopped apples approx. 2 lbs.
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of gluten free all purpose flour you can use brown rice flour as well
- 2/3 cups of gluten free rolled oats Cream Hill Estates
- 1 cup of brown sugar I use Demerera brown sugar as it contains more nutrients than regular brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter I sometimes replace this with a good oil such as Grapeseed Oil or Sunflower Oil
Arrange apples in a greased baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Mix flour, oats and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs; sprinkle over apples.
Bake at 375 degrees F. until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned (35 – 40 minutes).
When in a hurry, I have cooked this recipe in the microwave.