Get your outdoor fun underway with these easy homemade fire starters using items you have on hand! Perfect for the backyard bonfire or the weekend campfire!
Don’t throw out that dryer lint quite yet! These homemade fire starters will put that lint to use and two more items you most likely have on hand already! Really, all you need is some lint, toilet paper rolls and wax paper. They’re ridiculously easy AND are a great way to “recycle” materials you already have.
Here’s how to make Homemade Fire Starters:
- Dryer lint
- Toilet paper/paper towel rolls
- Wax paper
1. Remove the lint from your dryer lint trap
2. Cut your paper towel rolls into thirds or leave toilet paper rolls whole
3. Stuff your paper rolls with the dryer lint, but don’t pack it in too tight
4. Cut a 6″ piece of wax paper
5. Place your paper roll in the center, wrap the long sides over each other and twist the ends
6. Trim the ends of your wax paper if you’d like
TO USE: place one of your fire starters under a few pieces of kindling and light the end of your wax paper
** Lint is very flammable, store in a metal box