Smooth, velvety, and lick your lips delicious, this Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce is the perfect topping for ice cream. You’ll never buy store bought hot fudge again!
This recipe is my husband’s personal favorite. He loves hot fudge sauce! He’s even convinced me on several occasions to get hot fudge instead of my usual caramel when we stop at Dairy Queen or McDonald’s for an ice cream treat.
This hot fudge sauce is so easy to whip together and once you make, you will never go back to store bought! You can use it immediately or store it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. (Heat it in the microwave before serving).
Here’s how to make homemade hot fudge sauce:
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Melt chocolate chips by heating them in the microwave for 30 seconds then stirring and microwaving again until chocolate is melted.
- Transfer to a sauce pan over low heat and add butter, salt and sugar.
- Add cream in small amounts until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir frequently until heated, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Prefer Caramel Sauce? Check out my two ingredient Slow Cooker Caramel Sauce recipe here!
I’ad love to know what flavor of ice cream is your favourite? How about your favourite Sundae topping?