It’s raspberry season, which happens to make me very happy because raspberries are just so tasty! In honour of this seasonal fruit, I have a few posts lined up that feature ways to use raspberries to help you save some money on your grocery bill. After all, DIYing recipes and buying/picking large quantities of seasonal fruit is a smart way to get the most bang for your buck since prices are more reasonable than when they’re out of season.
First up, I’m going to show you How to make raspberry vinegar!
It really can’t be any simpler to make than this. All you do is combine two ingredients, wait a couple of weeks, and you’ll have this beautiful raspberry vinegar to use in salad dressings and other recipes!
Since the end product is a beautiful red colour, homemade raspberry vinegar is great to give as gifts. It even seems gourmet, so any foodie on your gift list would love to receive this, I’m sure!
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 2 cups of white wine vinegar
- Rinse the raspberries and add them to a jar.
- Pour the vinegar into the jar.
- Screw on the lid and store in a cool, dark place for two weeks.
- Once two weeks have passed, place a strainer over a bowl, then pour the contents of the jar into the strainer.
- Finally, pour the raspberry vinegar into little bottles for gift giving or easy pouring for recipes.
Lasts at least one year.
Next up, I’ll be featuring my favourite salad dressing using raspberry vinegar!