We had a birthday party over the weekend for our new two year old which was a blast! I tried my hand at making another cake from scratch and a batch of gluten-free cupcakes. Time consuming, but they tasted great!
Along with the cake and cupcakes, I made some little Oreo Frogs. Aren’t they adorable? They were such a hit with our guests! They’re even quite easy to make. That’s always a win in my book. End up with something cute with only a little effort? Check.
Here’s what you need to make some Oreo Frogs:
- Mini pretzels
- Oreo cookies
- Candy eyes
- Red Starburst candy
- Green chocolate candy melts, melted
1. Dip two pretzels into melted chocolate and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so that they are side by side.
2. Coat Oreo cookie with melted chocolate and place centered onto the two pretzels.
3. Allow chocolate to set for 5 minutes then place candy eyes on the top of the Oreo so that they are standing on their sides.
4. To form the tongue, take a small piece of red Starburst candy and warm it in between fingers. Create a small snake with a slight point at the end and place it where the filling of the cookie would be.
5. Allow to set for 15 minutes or until candy is hardened.
And now, you should have these cute little guys!