These are the cutest hair bows for any age! They’re so simple to make and whip up in no time flat.
Eee! I’m so excited for today’s project! My daughter is finally letting me put clips in her hair so I thought it would be fun to make some! Plus, I can borrow them if I’m feeling fancy. 😉 These hair bows are exactly my type of project. They’re simple and whip up in no time flat.
Here’s how to make a cute DIY hair bow:
- 1/8 yard of any type of fabric (I typically like cotton)
- 1 button
- Small circle of felt
- Lined alligator clip
- Hot glue gun
- Threaded needle
- Plastic cup for tracing
1. Trace your plastic cup top 6 times on fabric and cut your circles out (the bigger the circles, the bigger your flower)
2. Fold each circle in half twice so that they resemble a triangle (your going to want to do this one at a time)
4. Weave your needle in and out along the rounded part of your triangle
5. Repeat step 4 with all 6 triangles
6. Now that you have all 6 triangle pieces on your thread you can push them all together carefully
7. Tie off tightly 3 times so that your knot stays
8. Place your button of choice on top of the flower and begin sewing it to the inside of the middle of the flower
9. Now turn your flower around and hot glue your circle piece of felt (half dollar size) on the back of your flower
10. You can also glue a few small dots under your button to secure
11. Hot glue your pre lined alligator clip on the back
These are the easiest and cutest clips for any age! I think I could add quite a few of these to our collection! I’m also thinking they’ll make great gifts.
I hope you enjoy making them as much as I did!