I’ve been bound and determined to create a delicious hummus recipe that compares to the store bought versions that I love. My personal favourites are Tribe and Summer Fresh brands. I really like Tribe for the lemon flavor so lemon was an essential addition to make this recipe work for me. Another goal with this recipe was to create something that the Little Girl would eat.
With those things in mind, the hummus recipe below is what I came up with. Also? The cumin, paprika and oregano sprinkled over top really make this snack delicious!
- 1 19 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dry oregano
- In the bowl of your food processor, add the chickpeas, lemon zest, lemon juice, water, sea salt and the garlic clove, and mix for about one minute to combine well.
- Slowly drizzle in the 1/4 cup of olive oil while the food processor is running.
- Keep the food processor running until the dip is creamy and completely smooth.
- Once the hummus is smooth and creamy, spoon it out into a serving dish and sprinkle the cumin, the paprika and the dry oregano over top.