Things to stop buying and start making
If you’re wanting to save some big grocery bucks, it’s time to start thinking about things to stop buying and start making yourself. I’m talking about making your own pantry staples and household essentials!
Not only does creating your own stuff keep more money in your wallet, often times it’s better for your health! I mean how many times are you stuck reading a label in the store wondering what half of the ingredients are? By making your own essentials, you’re ensuring that you know each and every ingredient involved.
Also, an aspect of the frugal lifestyle for some, or many, is to be more self sufficient. Rather than running to the store every time you run out of something, you could try making it yourself! Once you know how to make everyday items, you’ll save yourself a lot of trips to the store, reduce your plastic waste, all while saving lots of money.
Creating your own products from scratch is simple. But to make it even easier for you, I’ve round ed up a list of 30 things to stop buying and start making:
- Homemade Flavoured Coffee Cream | SimplyFrugal.ca
- Homemade Peanut Butter | Fox and Briar
- Homemade Yogurt | Faithfully Gluten Free
- Homemade Mayonnaise (video) | Simple Bites
- Homemade Bisquick | SimplyFrugal.ca
- Homemade Ketchup | Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packs | SimplyFrugal.ca
- Homemade Butter | Unsophisticook.com
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup | Buns in my Oven
- Homemade BBQ Sauce | Simply Scratch
- Homemade Bread Crumbs | Make and Takes
- Homemade Taco Seasoning | SimplyFrugal.ca
- Homemade Ranch Dressing | SimplyFrugal.ca
- Homemade Cream Cheese | Bigger Bolder Baking
- Homemade Bouillon Cubes | Simple Bites
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce | Genius Kitchen
- Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk | Cooking with Books
- Homemade Brown Sugar | Nourishing Joy
- Homemade Sour Cream | Oh Lardy
- Homemade Powdered Sugar | Mom with a Prep
- Homemade Vanilla Extract | SimplyFrugal.ca
- Homemade Pizza Dough | SimplyFrugal.ca
- Homemade Baking Powder | Mommypotamus
- Homemade Refried Beans | Simply Scratch
- Homemade Tomato Sauce | Food 52
- Homemade Apple Sauce | Pioneer Woman
- Homemade Pop Tarts | Smitten Kitchen
- Homemade Worcestershire Sauce | Little House Living
- Homemade Laundry Detergent | DIY Natural
- Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner | SimplyFrugal.ca
- Homemade Soy Sauce | Little House Living
- Homemade Dryer Sheets | SimplyFrugal.ca
How many of these have you tried? What are some things to stop buying and start making that you would recommend?
If you’re wanting more ideas for things to make from scratch, you might want to try this book, The Homemade Pantry. It features 101 recipes that you can try!